Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What to do if you get a speeding ticket in Kansas.

So you got busted.  You were going over the posted limit and looked up to see some red and blue flashing lights.  Now what are you going to do?  You don't want the penalty on your license or the increase in your insurance premiums when your insurance company finds out.  But what options do you have? In Kansas, you usually have three different options.

1. Go to court and schedule your case for trial.  Then go back on your trial date and defend yourself.
    * This is the time when you can bring up mistakes in the ticket or argue that you were in fact not speeding
2. You can try to get a diversion
     * This can get your ticket dismissed altogether if you meet the diversion requirements.
3. Try to get the ticket amended to a lesser charge that does not go on your driving record.
     *This will keep your driving record clean and your ticket will not show up to the insurance company

 Here is a video that better explains the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment