Tuesday, January 31, 2012

MIP charges in Shawnee Kansas will cause problems for underage housepartying kids

I was watching the news last night when I saw this story about some underage kids drinking in a Shawnee Kansas home.  It appears that the home owner's son had "broke in" to the house to throw a party.  At that party there were over a dozen kids drinking alcohol.  A neighbor phoned in the disturbance and the Police showed up.  Several kids got arrested, others got a citation for MIP.

Here is the story.

If you happen to be one of these parent or you find yourself in a similar situation, here are some things you need to know.

You child is looking at:
-up to one month in jail
-$200 -$500 Minimum Fine (depending on age)
-40 Hours of Community Service
-required attendance in alcohol program
-Mandatory suspended driver's license

The next thing you need to know it that your child needs an attorney.  Your child does not want to take a conviction if at all possible.  An MIP conviction will stay on their criminal record forever, and isn't even eligible to be expunged for three years after the time they get off probation.  There are specific defenses to MIP cases.  Pay a lttle bit of money, get an attorney, help your kids.  It will save you a huge headache in the long run.


  1. I am thankful to you for sharing this article here.It's a nice article, Which you have shared here . Your article is very informative and I really liked the way you expressed your views in this post. alcohol program

  2. The cost of professional counseling is high. Can you sustainably afford it? It will take more than one or two sessions to build a solid, lasting marriage, therefore this will be an ongoing investment for some time. Couples therapy Cincinnati